Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit
The Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit is a portable, pocket-sized, battery-powered voltage source. It is unique because it sources stable AC and DC voltages for both LoZ and HiZ instruments.
The Fluke PRV240 provides a safe method to verify that your electrical test tool is operating properly before and after you conduct any live tests. The concept of “Test Before Touch” (TBT) involves testing your meter against a known live source before and after the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly through the actual measurement.
A single LED on the PRV240 indicates functionality, making this unit a simple-to-use solution for complying with TBT verification of your test tool. Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts that are activated when tested probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact. The proving unit also offers:
Long battery life—5,000 tests per set of four AA batteries
Includes TPak™ Magnetic Hanging Strap
Designed for safety and compliance
Using the PRV240 reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) when a known voltage source is not available for verification of your tester or multimeter, so a TBT is performed. PPE is still needed for absence of voltage testing when appropriate.
- Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit
- TPAK Magnetic hanging strap
- AA Batteries (x4)
- Instruction Sheet
What's included with the Fluke PRV240
- Sources both AC and DC steady-state voltage - supplies 240 V DC/AC
- A single LED indicates functionality, making this unit a simple-to-use solution for verification of your test tool
- Compatible with both high impedance or low impedance multimeters, clamp meters or two pole testers
- Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts that are activated when tested probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact
- Long battery life - 5,000 tests per set of four AA batteries
Fluke PRV240 Specifications
|Output voltage: 240 V AC RMS or DC
|±10 % ≥1 MΩ
|Output voltage: LoZ >3 kΩ load
|60 V AC typical; 50 V AC RMS minimum
|LED power indicator
|Turns on when output voltage is present
|4 x AA Alkaline batteries NEDA (24 A IEC LR03)
|5000 (5-second duration) test cycles with >1 MΩ load, 300 tests minimum with >3 kΩ load
|-10 to +50 °C
|0 % to 90 % (0 to 35 °C)
|11.7 cm x 7.4 cm x 2.8 cm (4.6 in x 2.9 in x 1.1 in), Pollution Degree 2
|0.23 kg (8 oz) includes batteries
Weight: 1.5 lbs.