Net Chaser Ethernet Certifier and Network Tester
Isn't it time to put affordable 21st Century Network speed certification in the palm of your hand?
Your complete solution to test and speed certify your LAN is here! The Net Chaser Ethernet Speed Certifier performs comprehensive speed tests to certify your network up to 1 Gb/s speeds and document compliance with critical IEEE 802.3 and TIA568A/B standards. This tester checks for network noise or misconfiguration, and cabling faults to ensure cables can support the speeds your active equipment requires.
It's advanced Ethernet discovery capabilities and diagnostics allow you to troubleshoot, record and report any network issues and obtain a clear picture of the network layout and interfaces between active components, like servers, switches and routers. All the data is collected and stored in the NetChaser for pass/fail speed validation, certification and reporting.
Made in the USA
- Full battery of Gigabit Ethernet Speed certification and performance testing for IEEE 802.3 compliance
- Bit Error Rate Testing (BER) using the included Active Remote - Sends data packets at defined data rates to check for errors at maximum throughput
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) - Checks cable runs for error-causing noise
- Skew measurements - Reporting on signal time transmission delays between pairs
- Cable continuity tests for opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, reversals and high-resistance faults
- Supports IPV4 and IPV6 protocols
- Traceroute function displays the path of Internet packets to reach a specified destination IP address
- DHCP connectivity and DNS Verification
- Ping specific IP addresses or URLs (Ping up to 10 addresses simultaneously)
- VLAN discovery
- Discover network devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) or Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Full color graphical wire-mapping with Pass or Fail Message
- Tests CAT3/CAT5e/CAT6/6a Ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity
- Displays cable length measurement for each pair in feet or meters using TDR technology
- Detects presence of PoE and class of PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
- Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
- Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Generates selectable tones on specified pins for use with tone tracers
- Supports up to 8 testing & ID remotes for network & telephone cables
- Supports up to 20 network & coax ID – only mapping remotes
- View and save hundreds of cable test results
- Ability to define cable name, save cable tests and print ALL results (both cable tests & network tests)
- Signal Quality Testing - SKEW, Echo Test (Return Loss - Impedance Mismatches), Signal to Noise Ratio (Attenuation, Amplitude, Return Loss)
- Performance and Speed Certification - Measures the real-time, data-carrying capability of the cable
- Full Support of Standards - Supports IEEE 802.3 signal speed carrying specifications to 1 gigabit, tests interconnect specifications per TIA-568/570
- Network Mapping - Displays DHCP address data and verifies DNS
- Link Test - Detects and reports current and advertised link speed
- Ping Test - Pings both IPV4 and IPV6 IP addresses or specific URLs to verify WAN connectivity
- VLAN - Detects presence of VLAN
- Identify CDP/LLDP/NDP and VLAN - Provides details on network configuration
- Cable Testing - Tests any category network, coax or telephone cable, displays all faults (shorts, miswires, opens, split pairs and reverses)
- Cable Mapping - Easy-to-interpret, full color graphical wiremap diagram to TIA-568A/B color codes in pin or pair order
- Length Test - TDR Length measurement up to 1500 ft.
- Tone Generator - Selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
- PoE Detection - Detects the presence of IEEE 802.3af/at compatible PoE (Power over Ethernet) with PoE Mode indicator and load test for voltage drop
- Ethernet Port Testing - Detects and reports current link speed and capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
- Link light - Blinks link light to identify location on hub, switch or router
- Testing and ID Remotes - Supports up to 8 testing remotes for network and telephone cable tests
- ID Mapping Remotes - Supports up to 20 network and coax ID-only mapping remotes
- Save and Print Out Results - Define cable names, save hundreds of cable tests on included SD card, review saved tests and print results
- Output Connectors - RJ-45 8-position shielded modular jack (Data), F-coax (Video)
- Power Source - Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries; Battery life: Minimum 8 hours when linked at 1 Gb
- Dimensions - 9.0 in. x 4.2 in. x 2.4 in.
- Weight - 1.8 lbs.
- Display - 3.5" Color Touch Screen display
- Warranty - One year
Weight: 11 lbs.