Triplett Pairmaster Tester Kit
The unique PairMaster Tester Kit from Triplett gives its user the ability to identify, verify and test Multi-drop LAN cabling installations for up to 16 cables with the simple press of a button.
This cable test equipment checks for 8 different fault types including Near End Crosstalk (NEXT) for double split pairs.
Checks for the following conditions:
- Open Pair
- Shorted Pair
- Crossed Pair
- Split Pair
- Reversed Pair
- Transposed Pair
- Double Split Pair
The PairMaster will check the point to point wiring, commonly referred to as wire-mapping. This tells the user whether or not the cable pairs, 1/2, 3/6, 4/5, 7/8, are wired correctly at both ends.
Green LEDs indicate Pass, Red LEDs indicate Fail. If a fault is detected, the corresponding Fault Code is displayed on the large, two digit, seven segment LEDs.
Near End Crosstalk (NEXT)
The Near End Crosstalk feature checks for excessive AC coupling between each pair in a cable. Once again, if a fault is detected, the PairMaster will display the Fault Code.
The PairMaster can also identify a LAN Cable within a bundle. By connecting up to 16 available Remote Identifiers to the workstation wall jacks, the PairMaster will identify and display the number of the Remote Identifier connected to the cable. The user can then easily document the network topology.
The PairMaster has built-in Overvoltage Protection. When voltage from a Central Office Battery is detected, the unit will flash (OL) and shut itself down.
Each Remote Identifier is a small unit used in conjunction with the Triplett PairMaster for LAN Cable identification. The Remote Identifier properly terminates the LAN Cable when connected to the workstation wall jacks and contains the necessary circuitry to allow the PairMaster to verify proper wiring within the cable. Each of the 16 Remote Identifiers also has an overvoltage LED which lights to indicate the presence of damaging voltage.
- Tests Cat 5 & Cat 6 LAN Cables Locates and verifies point-to-point wiring of LAN cables
- Tests for proper EIA/TIA 568 configuration for UTP Ethernet and Token Ring LAN Cables
- Identifies and Tests up to 16 different non-energized cables with the press of a button
- Test Individual 1/2, 3/6, 4/5, 7/8 Cable Pairs
- Detects 8 different types of cabling faults including Near End Crosstalk (NEXT) for Double Split pairs
- 2-seven segment LEDs display Fault Codes and Remote ID numbers
- Overvoltage Indication on PairMaster and Remote Identifiers
- Flush-Mounted power button reduces accidental turn-on, preserving battery life
- Low Battery Indication Light
- PairMaster Test Unit
- 16 Remote Identifiers
- RJ-45 Patch Cable
- RJ-45 In-Line couplers (2)
- 9 Volt Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Soft-sided carrying case
Weight: 4 lbs.