The Pinger Plus+ is a handheld Ping tester used for diagnosing and maintaining Local Area Networks (LANs) running the TCP/IP protocol.
The Pinger Plus+ uses the powerful PING function at either 10 or 100 Mbs to verify connectivity, check transmitted and received data integrity, indicate network traffic loading by measuring Round Trip Time, provide the MAC address of an IP Address and warns when the default gateway cannot be located.
The Pinger Plus+ also identifies reversed polarity for improperly connected wire pairs and provides a Port Identification feature with selectable blink rates to identify which port on a hub or switch that a wall outlet is connected.
The Pinger Plus+ is an ideal tool for quickly testing proper LAN operation after completing a Move, Add or Change (MAC). Trouble calls are easily handled by verifying Link connection and running the comprehensive Ping test. Resolve "I cannot connect to the Internet" problems with the DHCP Client mode that ensures a DHCP Server is avilable and displays IP address assignment. Remote office support can be provided by connecting the Pinger Plus+ to the LAN at a remote office trouble point and Pinging the tester over the Internet.
Dimensions: 7.0 in. x 3.2 in. x 1.4 in.
Weight: 8.7 ounces
10/100 Auto Negotiating, 10baseT and 100baseT (identifies a 1000 baseTX connection but cannot test)
Four AA alkaline batteries (included) with AC adapter for extended operation
One - RJ-45 (combined port for LAN or NIC)
- Detect and Decode Speed and Duplex level of 10/100/1000 Base TX Link Signals
- DHCP Client Allowing Auto Configuration
- Verifies Connectivity Across a LAN or WAN by Transmitting/Receiving Pings
- Measure Packet Response Time to Determine Network Performance
- Provide MAC Address of an IP Address
- Transmits Link Activation Signal for Port ID
- Store Multiple Profiles with Up to 8 IP Addresses per Profile
Weight: 1 lbs.